Friday, October 9, 2009

The Thursday Ten (on Friday)

Oops. I didn't make it on Thursday again. But at least I'm blogging more, right??

  1. Chris and I enjoyed a night out on Tues. It was so nice to spend some time together, something that is usually fairly common, but we just haven't had the opportunity lately. We even went out in the rain and got soaked. On purpose. Not as glamorous as it sounds, though- we were freezing after like 5 minutes. Oh well- it was still fun. Kind of felt like some things just washed away in the water.
  2. Had a blast Addison's b-day party over the weekend. I just realized that I haven't posted any pics from that. I sometimes forget between facebook and other things where I have posted and where I haven't....The adults had as much fun as the kids did!
  3. Yay and double yay for this fabulous weather. When I went out to my class this morning it was drizzly and 45 degrees. And I think the cooler temps are around for at least a few more days. Busting out the cozy clothes :)
  4. Definitely my favorite Addison quote of the week: (to Poppy) "You have GOT to teach me how to speak dog...." He is convinced that my dad knows what dogs (and horses) are saying. So throughout the weekend he was constantly asking Poppy what Penny, their new sweet little dog that accompanied them, was saying. Of course Poppy always had an answer.
  5. Um, speaking of that, I really want a dog. It was gut wrenching to watch how my children pined over, cuddled, played with, and loved every second of my parent's dog. Someday, my heart, someday...
  6. Had a great launch week at the gym this week. This is where we debut all of our new music and moves for all of the classes. Had a special breast cancer tribute launch and we had shirts made and everything. I really do love my job. So much so that I hardly consider it a job.
  7. Gearing up for a busy weekend. Chris is preaching again Sunday, and I'm teaching his college class for him so he will just have to do one message instead of two! A little unsure about that (the me part), but we'll see!
  8. Vanilla Sprinkles Cookie Crisp. Like regular cookie crisp but with vanilla cookies. Ridiculous.
  9. Cadence singing "This is my commandment that you love one another, that your joy may be full...." You have to witness this one in person to appreciate the insane amount of cuteness represented. Maybe I will capture a little audio and video to enjoy....
  10. Seeing my family. I've really been missing them. Especially my little brothers, who are all grown up now....And spending more time with family at Chris's parents last night. So thankful for family, every last one of ya!

Perhaps I will post a follow up to this top ten with some media (pics and whatnot) later on. For now, peace out from the Pate house.

No comments:

Post a Comment