Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Addison's Rapping Debut

Well, at least our banner at the top of the page felt a little more realistic today.  I got up this morning to brave the streets to meet a client at 8 that had texted me she wasn't coming and I didn't see it.  I passed like three wrecks on the short drive to the gym and it was very slick!  Fortunately, I got there, everybody else cancelled, and I turned right around and went back home to my family in bed.  The only bad part about it all was that no clients means no money.  So the situation was met with very mixed, extreme emotions.  I was glad for the day off, but that was also $75 down the drain.  Oh well.  

It's been a good time around here.  Lots of laying around instead of the million things that needed to be done.  We had some meltdowns, attitudes, and spankings mixed in there a little but overall a fun day.  As I was making pancakes from scratch for dinner tonight I heard the sleet coming down outside and it sounded like crackling glass on the window pane.  So cool.  And looks like tiny glittery crystals.  We'll see how much is on the ground in the morning when I go to my class at 9:30.  

So here's this video... this is the kind of thing we do for fun.  This is one of the kids' current favorite songs to listen to in the car.  Addison has almost nailed that rap, so I just had to catch it on camera.  He was not as animated as usual, though.  He just kind of stands there and sings, but he does bust out some karate dance at some points. Cadence had us laughing our heads off because she kept dancing and trying to stick her bottom out to the camera.  Unfortunately, you don't see it a lot on this clip. For some reason that song called for a lot of bottom shaking- something she does well.  We'll have to watch that one :)  So, enjoy your Pate fix tonight.  We are off to play a mean game of Trouble before Addison goes to bed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment