Friday, January 23, 2009

And The Honor Badge Award Goes To....

My precious husband.  He is having a quite a weekend, and it's only Friday morning.   I teach a class at the gym at 8:15 on Friday mornings, and then I had a Pilates client after.  I left the house with Cadence snuggled in bed with Chris because she pops out of bed between 6:45 and 7:30am every morning ready to go.  In the course of the couple of hours I was gone, the following drama unfolded:

Addison wakes up and goes to get in bed with Cadence and Chris.  Addison and Cadence begin wrestling in the bed (a common occurence) and Cadence is under the covers.  Cadence proceeds to kick Addison in the mouth, causing the already loose front tooth to come out.  (ironic, because we were just discussing at lunch yesterday how it needed to come out)  Addison has lost only one of the five teeth he's missing naturally.  The other four have been forcefully knocked out in two different dramatic events, both of which I have somehow happened to miss completely (= Chris handling alone).  Blood all over the bed and screaming child.   Chris takes the comforter off to wash it and cleans the mess.  Sends Addison to the bathroom to clean up with the water running and leaves briefly to do something.  While washing his hands, Addison has to go to the bathroom very badly.  He cannot reach the water to shut it off.  He somehow reasons in his mind (and who knows how his mind works sometimes) that it's more important to stay there and try to get the water turned off than to go to the bathroom.  He can hold it no longer and has an accident, standing next to the toilet, trying to turn the water off.  The accident is on the bathroom floor and Cadence walks in at that precise moment, slipping on the now wet floor and falling in the bathroom floor.   Chris walks back in to two screaming children and another mess to clean.  And it's only a little after 10:00am.  Bless him Lord, bless him.  

And I have a training this weekend and I'll be gone the rest of this day, all day tomorrow, and a few hours on Sunday.  And Chris has three messages to prepare for Sunday, one of which the main service.   I believe that Chris is employing and overworking every single fruit of the spirit there is to muster... Just having the kids all weekend is enough in itself!  My prayer for him is this : that His grace is sufficient; that His power is made perfect in our weakness. (my paraphrase)  We are both coming to the absolute end of ourselves these days.  And also coming into a new strength at least I never thought was possible.  I suppose we have finally emptied enough to allow perfect strength to step in.  I guess I thought I was running on all eight cylinders all along until I ran out , was thrust suddenly into full throttle revealing I was only really on about six.   Amazing really.  It's a place I've never known and am loving.  The only problem is that we can't take one step without Him or it all falls apart.  Probably a good place to live.  

Peace and power to everybody trying to just do what they do today....we shall see what the remainder of the weekend holds.  

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Chris is going to be amazing on Sunday morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, what a morning!!! You're right...empty can be a good place to be. I fight so hard out of fear to not be empty but everytime God lovingly brings me to that place I see how good and perfect He is.

    ReplyDelete