Friday, February 11, 2011

Love, Love, Love Part 1

Well, since the universal day of love is approaching I thought I'd dedicate a post a day to the most important people in my life: my sweet little family. Here's day one:

Baby Pate
(Repeat pic- I'm a little limited in choices right now :)12 wks in this pic, but you are now 15)
Technically, you are the youngest one in our family.  This time next year, I'll be writing about all of the wonderful things that make you you, how sweet and yummy you are, and how much we're enjoying you discovering the world and how fun it is to have a baby in the house again.  But today it's the thought of you, the anticipation of you. We haven't even met you yet and you are already so loved by your family.  You will have the most doting and loving big brother and sister who will bring you so much joy. I can already imagine how your face will light up at the sound of their little voices. And of course pretty awesome parents, if I do say so myself :)

You and I already have a relationship.  The really special part about being a mother is those nine months I carry you as you grow and prepare to meet the world. Now I'm not gonna lie, little one- it's not always roses! You have already wreaked a lot of havoc on my unassuming body, but it's certainly worth it and an honor and experience not many get to share. Since you are my third, I've been feeling your little flutters for a while now, much earlier than with the other two.  In those moments, when you are moving and stretching your tiny, developing arms and legs, it's just you and me. I wish everybody else could feel that and have that moment, but it's something only a mother will ever know. Like last week after praise and worship when I sat down after singing and you so distinctly made yourself known.  That must have resonated with the presence you already feel there with you in my womb.  You already know Him. (Ps 22:10)

I love that you will be so perfect for our family.  You will (most likely, more than likely, maybe) complete our family. Like putting a seal on a letter. We are excited to find out soon if you are a boy or a girl, but either way we will celebrate you. And we look forward to meeting you. Not that I look forward to the actual process of getting you here, but nonetheless...I love you.

3 comments:

  1. Made my heart smile! What a great mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love! so excited for the pates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet, Kacee... we cant wait to meet the newest Pate and you guys still need to meet the newest Buettemeyer!

    ReplyDelete