Tuesday, September 28, 2010

September Madness!

As anticipated, blogging has been lagging a little bit lately due to the fact that this month has been so crazy! As you know we travelled the first weekend of the month to the wedding.  We had a weekend off and then the next weekend (Addison's b-day) we were in Dallas at the Every Nation Campus Ministry retreat.  Chris spoke on Sat morning, and we were so happy to have my parents drive from Oklahoma to meet up with us while we were there.  That Friday night we got to go to Medieval Times to celebrate Addison's day.  It was such a cool place!  We paid extra to have Addison "knighted" while we were there, and it was so cute!

 *I was going to post a couple of pictures of each of these events, but Blogger is being funky and won't let me- boo. So instead, I'm just putting the link to view the whole album of this stuff.*

Click here for Medieval Times pics.

Right after we got back from that weekend, Chris left Mon morning to LA for pastors' meetings for a couple of days. Which brings us to this past weekend when we had a party for Addison along with another family in our church.  They have a son Addison's age and one a little older than Cadence.  The younger one had his b-day a couple of days before Addison's so we had a party together.  I tapped into my inner Martha Stewart and made a snake cake since the party was reptile themed. I absolutely destroyed made a little mess in the kitchen to get it done but I was pleased with the results. Hindsight thinking revealed that it was somewhat of a gutsy move for me to try a from scratch recipe for the first time, making a shaped cake that I wasn't sure would turn out for a bunch of people that I had never met before (they invited some friends that we didn't know yet).  Sometimes I don't know why I do these things to myself! And then I remember it's because I actually like doing it, no matter how crazy it is to get it all done.  I'm a make-it-with-your-hands-go-all-out kinda girl, though sometimes it's near the downfall of me :)

Click here for Birthday Party pics

Throw in normal routine like school and pastoring/running a church in between all of that and you can probably guess life is a little on the busy side right now!  But this is such a great time of year. There is so much momentum that comes with fall- kind of puts a pep in your step.  I think every person I know that lives in Texas made some kind of comment on how wonderful the weather was yesterday. Including me :)  There's nothing quite like the first time you feel a hint of cool blow through the heat of summer as the sign of the transitioning of seasons. I'm hoping that the spiritual environment will reflect the physical environment and a fresh, cool breeze will blow all through what we're sowing right now and move it along with new life and growth.  Lord, let it be so!

Well, sadly that's about all you're going to get out of me right now- a mere sprinkling of facts and pictures documenting our busy month.  I have noticed about myself that when lots of busyness and things are going on I am not as inspired to blog. Which, for the sake of documentation and that being one of the main reasons I do blog, is a little contrary to what needs to happen. Maybe it's not so much a pattern. Maybe some days I'm "feelin' it" and some days I'm not. But one of the things I hate about that is I lose a lot of those little moments that are so meaningful, funny, and insightful in the need to crank out generic, matter-of-fact updates.  This is a tension I live with in my writing. Hopefully I'll be a little better about the balance so I can have my word crafting cake and eat it, too. And in the meantime, you get a front row seat to watch me try to work it out :) Here's hoping there's a little more time carved out for writing soon!  I have some ideas in the works that I might be sharing soon...Peace out from the Pate house.

No comments:

Post a Comment