Sunday, September 5, 2010

Road Trip Mind Dump

Spent the weekend tucked away deep in the hill country for my cousin's very lovely outdoor wedding. You think about lots of things when you have road time to yourself. Here is just a small sampling of things that went through my mind as we were driving:

*It was really great to see my family this weekend.
*These (leftover from the reception, sent home with me) chocolate cupcakes with cappucino icing sitting next to me in the seat are super yummy.
*I'm so glad it's not raining on me like it was on the way up.
*I hope I didn't leave anything.
*I really want to know how church was today-how many people? How was the message? Chris is the man.
*I have so much to do when I get home.
*The Hill country is so so lovely.
*It's so cool to see how my cousins/brothers have/are growing up and the paths they are all on. So different, yet when we come together everyone is still close. Love that.
*That convenience store was HUGE- and the cleanest/biggest bathroom I've ever seen with each stall having it's own personal sanitizer dispenser. A definite bright spot in the road trip because I have a strong aversion to roadside bathrooms.
*I really love the new Israel Houghton album. Funky, different, and awesome.
*I dislike traveling without my husband.
*A majority of things we are coming home with smell like river.
*Really, Cadence- we have to stop for potty break so close to home? Really?
*Not only did I miss my husband this weekend, but I also missed my daddy a lot. The weekend was not the same without the main men of my life.
*Surely if I drive 76 it's not speeding enough to get pulled over. I mean, people are still passing me.
*I am very glad I have headphones because I am not in the mood for five hours of kids shows, specifically the horrific 80's rock music in the Sonic the hedgehog cartoons.
*Callie was a very beautiful bride.
*There are lots of ginormous churches around Houston. A little overwhelming sometimes.
*I'm so thankful my kids are good travelers.
*Here comes the traffic. Getting close to home :)
*The sight of the sun setting on the glass of the skyscrapers (well our version of skyscrapers anyway) is breathtaking to me. I didn't know I was going to love the city as much as I do.
*God, we love this city so. Please help us make a significant Kingdom impact in Houston.

And that was only a few :) Well I'm going to post more wedding pics soon, but I thought I'd leave you with my favorite one from the weekend. As much as I enjoyed the weekend, I'm glad to be home and so exhausted.

My beautiful cousin and my beautiful children. How sweet is this??
Peace out from the Pate house.

No comments:

Post a Comment