Friday, September 17, 2010

Happy Birthday Addison

And, as promised, our little tribute to Addison.  I try to find songs that reflect who my kids are currently when I put together these things, as I did with Cadence earlier in the year.  I came up with the song "Upside Down" by Jack Johnson.  The innocence and levity of the sound combined with the theme of the lyrics that anything is possible and there's a big world out there to explore and "I'll find the things they say just can't be found" seemed to be a perfect fit.


Addison, you have brought so much joy into our lives.  Your thirst for knowledge and desire to know the world around you is inspiring and amazing.  We always joked about you that you were speaking complete sentences from the womb- although a little stretch probably not much! We forget that you're just a little guy sometimes. I'm sorry that we have sometimes made you be older than you are because you've always acted so far beyond your years. Your gracious heart and tender spirit touch anyone around you that you come in contact with.  You inspire and challenge me to be a better person every day, because I feel so honored and responsible to be a good steward of the great gift God has given us in you.  Seven is going to be a wonderful adventure. 


*Thank you for allowing me to be completely mushy gushy.  These guys are my heart running around outside of my body, you know.  I hope you enjoy the trip back through the years as we did to celebrate our amazing Addison James Pate.  Peace out from the Pate house.




The quality suffered a little bit turning it into a web video, but you can still see the pics pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment