Monday, March 14, 2011

Announcing...

Well, this has been a little while coming, but just in case you are reading this and don't know yet...

Pate Baby #3 is a BOY!!!!
I still can't get over this picture...it's just a crazy shot!  Love the hands up on his face, mouth open!
Relaxing on his back with his legs curled up

I actually have more pictures, but these are the best ones that you can actually see what's going on.  Sometimes ultrasound pics are a little tricky, especially if you don't know what you're looking for!  The reason I say it's a little while coming is because we've actually had two ultrasounds done.  The weekend of Cadence's birthday party when my family was here, we went to have an elective one (not at the doctor) done for them to experience the ultrasound and find out what we're having.  The place was awesome, and the experience was way better than any I've had done in the past, but the problem was that little man had his ankles crossed the whole time and sat like a frog.  This made it very difficult for the technician to get a good picture of any gender parts!  It was quite comical- I had to get up and move around in circles, picking up my knees, she was poking all over my tummy and making me cough and laugh...and still he wouldn't move much!!  So finally, at the very end we got the "money" shot of what appeared to be boy parts. But after all of that difficulty we weren't feeling so confident about it so we decided to just tell family and a few people that would ask, knowing we were having my big midway ultrasound last week for confirmation.  

Well, this time he was very gracious to show off for us so there was no doubt!  When you see boy parts, you see boy parts and there is no mistakin' that!!  Of course we're all excited (although Addison was pretty sure it was girl and I think he kind of wanted one), and it's just awesome to know who is in there moving, floating, and dancing around!  One of the reasons I have waited so long to post is that I was hoping we would have made the final call on a name so that I could announce him by name, but alas- we still have not finalized this very important decision!  I do hope to tell you soon, though :) 

So there's the big news.  Cadence will be in the middle of a boy sandwich!  After having friends visit a couple of weeks ago with a 9 week old boy, it was definitely getting us excited about having a baby in the house again!  Well, excited and...oh wow, we're going to have a baby in the house again and this is going to be crazy! But we know that God gives us the grace just like all of the other times in our life when we didn't know how we were possibly going to do something.  He's just good like that, and I'm so thankful for such a track record of His faithfulness and goodness in our life!

That's really all I wanted to say for now...I'll try not to wait so long before I visit you again :)  Peace out from the Pate house.


No comments:

Post a Comment