Saturday, July 17, 2010

Part 2

Something's going awry with my plans for the blog...I'm going to be very backed up with media and great stories if I don't start doing better! The tragedy in me not keeping up better is that the funny little quotes like what I posted last time get lost and overshadowed with the big events that are happening, and I really want both. (Hangs head in shame and big sigh) I will try harder.

This past Friday we went to visit the Children's Museum. It was actually a free admission weekend, so you can imagine it was packed- even in the middle of the day on Friday. So we didn't even get to the whole thing after being there four hours, if that gives you an idea of how big this place is! It was really neat, though, and I'm sure we will be back more than once. Here's some pics from our outing: (Warning- this is a good handful of pictures. And if you know me, you know it's not even close to all that I took :)

Even the outside of the building is colorful and fun! Very iconic and set in the middle of the famed museum district.


Cyberchase is a cute PBS show about math that Addison likes to watch, so he thought it was cool that there was a whole section with that theme.


This was like a life sized Tetris!


A statue made of phones. Funny that we actually had to explain landline, with a cord, phones to Addison like it was some kind of dinosaur. As he likes to say, so old school-ha!



They really loved this outdoor water exhibit. Us, on one of the hottest days yet, not so much.
You filled this big bucket with water then it spilled over, making everything else work so it was all connected. Chris got a sermon illustration out of it :)

There was a section called "Kidtropolis" which was a miniature city where the kids could do everything. You could get a "job" and work it to get money (like the girl pictured below checking out Cadence in the grocery store). Lots of little stores and places. It was super cute. And Cadence was super cute grocery shopping.
Her basket mostly consisted of fruit, ice cream, and cakes.

Anyone that knows my little obsession with the weather would not be surprised that I had to jump in and pretend that I was doing the weather. I couldn't even figure out which camera to look into, so I don't think I missed my calling or anything.
And this is me saying, "And here, well, it's just going to be really hot. For a long time." And Addison's up in Oklahoma somewhere. Maybe he wanted to give the weather to Granna and Poppy!


Weather permitting we are having another outing in the morning. I love the fact that we can do something every week and we will not run out of things to do for a long, long time. We are trying to pace ourselves, because we want to do all of the cool things now! But we actually live here. And don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon. So I guess it's all still going to be there. The adventure continues! Peace out from the Pate house.

No comments:

Post a Comment