Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Buried With Christ...

and raised to walk in newness of life.

Sunday, May 16th, was a very special day in our family. As I shared on the blog earlier, Addison expressed the desire to be baptized on his own accord, and he even picked the location. Which, if I were to pick the perfect location, it would be this one. It was on the ACU campus at something called "Jacob's Dream". It's full of rocks with scripture words engraved in them and a huge iron statue of climbing Jacob's ladder. The little fountain was designed specifically for the purpose of being able to do baptisms, although I don't know if it's used that often for that reason. It's such beautiful place.

The weather had been rainy and stormy all weekend long and we were so concerned we wouldn't be able to do it there. But wouldn't you know that God opened up the skies Sunday just for my son so he could have this special moment. When I told him that, in true Addison fashion, he said to me: "Well, it wasn't just for me. There might be a lot of other people getting baptized today, too." Always thinking about other people, too. That's our son.

So enjoy the pictures and video of our moment. The video is short and sweet- when you're baptizing a six year old, it can't be a long, drawn out process. We were just glad he didn't freak out too much from the water.

Jacob's Dream, set in the middle of the beautiful Abilene Christian University campus
Closer pic of the ladder statue- it's really huge up close
The baptism fountain
Example of the many rocks all around with words from scripture on them


My personal favorite- posted a closer version of this in the last post


All of our family that was there with us. (There were several people from our church there also besides family)

I lost some quality of the video when I exported it for the blog, but you can still get in on the action. To quote my dad on the video, "Glory!"

No comments:

Post a Comment