Thursday, December 10, 2009

This and That

Well, I seem to be falling behind on my blogging duties! We're entering into the crazy busy part of the holidays, but I actually enjoy all of the chaos. I love this time of year so much that it doesn't bother me to go from party to party, christmas cookie to christmas cookie, etc. We're trying our hardest to savor every moment and bring our children through the journey of Christ and the impact the reality of this season can have on the world. Plus, the craziness will culminate in us packing our bags and leaving for a nice long break so it's exciting!

I have much to say, but I'm in one of those seasons that what God is doing is so deep in my heart that it makes it hard to just sit down and relay the surface details of our daily life. Yet at the same time I still remain passionate about documenting and celebrating our children's lives, which includes the wonderfully mundane and normalcy that is precious to me. And the things they say and conversations we have are noteworthy at the very least! I think a time is coming that I will have an outlet for both, so that this blog can be what it needs to be and I can also begin articulating things written on my heart, even if that ends up being just for me. We have been challenged more than once to be writing during this crucial (and a bit mysterious, at least from cyberspace looking in until more comes to light) season of our lives, and I agree. Just don't know what that looks like yet.

For now though, I have plenty of material to let you enjoy. I'll begin by spreading a little holiday cheer with Cadence's dance class performance of "Jingle Bell Rock". She was very entertaining to watch. I'm sure you'll agree :) Although the video never quite captures the extent of cuteness represented in her little class. Something funny to note is everytime the class is told to put their hands on their hips, Cadence for some reason puts hers way up on her ribs. Her teacher thinks this is hilarious, and we do too!

Unfortunately we do not have documentation of any kind for Addison's musical theater performance of "Hot Chocolate" from Polar Express. I was teaching my class and missed it, and Daddy accidentally forgot to bring the camera to record it. But alas, grace abounds in our home...

More Christmas-y goodness to follow!


No comments:

Post a Comment