Friday, November 6, 2009

It's all good...


...in the Mother-hood.

That was my facebook status a couple of days ago, and even though it was a clever play on words, it's quite true. This week has been wonderfully normal, some would even say mundane. But it's been just the way I would have it. Lots of funny and sweet moments with the kids this week. So here's a few...

  1. Probably one of the funniest things from the week...the kids were handing out candy to trick or treaters after we got home from taking them out to a "fall fest" for a little bit. I think they had more fun doing that then going out. They loved seeing the kids in costumes, and they started a conversation with every one of them. *Later on Addison told us that he gave one girl two pieces of candy instead of one because he thought she was pretty.* (Mother making mental note in the midst of lots of laughter that son now has awareness of opposite sex= age 6)
  2. On the heels of this a couple of days later we were talking to him about Mommy and Daddy's story and I made the statement to him that God already knows the girl he's going to marry one day...
    Addison (with huge smile): Well, since you talk to Him, can you just ask Him who it is??
  3. Peppermint Mocha!!!! Was pleasantly surprised to find them on the menu already when we made our Monday Starbucks trip while Cadence was at dance. And I just couldn't help myself... I've already purchased a few new Christmas songs on iTunes. Come on, they're only $.99!
  4. Another thing putting me in the Christmas spirit is how obsessed my kids are with listening the to the Christmas musical CD that we're doing at the church in Dec. I think Addison already knows all of the songs after a couple of days of (non-stop) listening in the car. Of course Cadence is proudly singing along, and she'll be sad to discover the 2 and 3 year old class will not be singing these songs with the other kids! Maybe I can sneak her on stage with the pre-k class's appearance- I am the director, after all :)
  5. Chris came home with these today... Cadence loves flowers. She will be spoiled for life and make her future suitors work hard for their prize because she'll know how it's done :)
  1. (I don't know why the numbers started over after the pic...and I can't fix it) At church Wednesday we had one of our Encounter nights where it's just praise, worship, and prayer for the whole service. It was a really powerful night and it ran kind of long, so I went back to pick up my kids and relieve the workers. We were actually still celebrating at the end so I just took Cadence up on stage with me (Addison chose to pass). She took one look at everybody jumping around and singing and just joined right in, bouncing, dancing, and all. She was about the cutest thing we've ever seen, and of course everybody else thought so, too. She's not shy, that one!
  2. This sight below was a happy, happy sight for me this week. It was Cadence's first week back home every day, and she did so great. She sat up at the table on this day while we did school and I kid you not, she colored and traced letters in that book for almost 2 hours straight. It was also my first week to have more time during the day. When I do other things and not this, I miss this. When I was doing this and not other things, I did not miss the other things. Although I really enjoy everything I do in my life, I really am the happiest when I'm here with these guys. Making the most of these small hours. There will be plenty of time for many other things I feel I'm called to. But there's not always time for this. Helping shape the foundation on which my children will stand- you can't pay me enough money to be away from that. And I wish I could have gotten a close up shot of Addison's tongue- he works it like nobody's business when he's working really hard, especially when cutting!


I know that wasn't ten things. The numbers messed up anyway, it's not Thursday, and I'm too tired to come up with anything else clever. Although if I sat long enough there are hundreds of things each week that are notable! But that's all for now...peace out from the Pate house.

No comments:

Post a Comment