Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Fast Lane February!

February is most certainly living up to the expectation we had for it- fast and furious!  I'm kind of liking the iPhone dump system I've had lately, except that I'd like to do it more like once a week instead of once a month!  I've been pretty good about taking pictures because of a sort of, semi-scrapbook project that I'm doing offline, so it makes sense to dump them off my phone onto the ol' bloggity blog as an "our week in pictures" type of thing. (What was that we did again before the iPhone? Yeah, I don't remember, either.) I'm still fleshing out the format of the blog, what's doable and realistic for me, how often, the different focuses, etc., so bear with me through it you faithful, you members of my family plus about three that read this.

This has only been the past two weeks.  And I don't have a picture representation for everything that's gone on, so fast and furious is accurate!

One of the great perks of living in a big city is that there's always something really great going on you can be a part of.  Right down the street from us Israel Houghton and the New Breed recorded their new live album and we got to go.  The atmosphere was absolutely electric- it was such a blast!  The kids were so into it.  There's hardly anything that touches my heart more than to see Addison worshiping. He gets so into it.  I would have loved to snap a pic of him but I didn't want to embarrass him!
A few days later we had a Super Bowl party at our house (after the Saturday of a church wide service project and friend's birthday party).  It was massive- there was undoubtedly more food than Thanksgiving or Christmas, probably combined.  Prizes for who called the score and yards for half time/game, half time paper football tournament, tons of people, and did I mention all the food?  




These feet are shuffling together 24/7.  Check out those little chunky legs, would ya? 
Random school picture.  Fractions and shading fractions. Oh yeah.
After a another record attendance this past Sunday (we're bumping up against 150!), we had our New Comer's Dinner in our home.  We push the limits of how many people we can cram into our dining space every time we have one of these, and this time there were over 20 new people there.  City Life Church is a fast moving train, and sometimes we feel like we can barely hang on to keep up but it's an exciting ride!



Not only has our home been perfect for all of the many things we have going on in it, but I keep finding surprises planted in the landscaping.  I can't tell you what this is (because I don't know), but it's making an appearance in our front yard and it is the best. smelling. plant. ever.  Ever. I wish this picture was scratch and sniff so you could see for yourself. It's like something that would be a fruity lotion smell. 

We received some really hard news about a family member who is beginning her journey battling cancer this week.  Her faith is so strong and inspiring, and she has such a courageous spirit and we know God is strong with her and is our Healer.  Janet, if you're reading this we love you so much and are praying for you!  (and I promise I'm getting these sweet cards Addison and Cadence made in the mail!)

 And finally my little hearts.  I call this my little Valentine's Day miracle, because you know the process behind getting this final product.  I am always amazed when I can get a picture where everyone is actually looking in the same direction and making a non-strange expression.  My little babies are so beautiful, if I do say so myself.  And yes, it appears Jaxon's hair is red in these pics.  It doesn't always look like that, but it seems like every time he has a picture taken it comes out like that.  Time will tell, I guess! If you look really hard in his picture you can see a bottom tooth poking out.  Yeah, that one is costing us some!

 Peace out from the Pate house.

No comments:

Post a Comment