Friday, August 26, 2011

Anatomy of a Photo Shoot...

I have a lot of catching up to do.  Sadly, I knew this would happen with my fried, sleep deprived brain and all.  Putting together an intelligent sentence to carry on a conversation is considered a win for me right now.  But I am determined to get some more output on here recounting these first days, and I will...

But not today.  Today is just for fun.  Trying to photograph my three children is as challenging as I thought it would be.  First of all, there are only small windows when Jaxon is actually awake so if I want to jump on it, we literally have to jump on it!  Add to that the interesting expressions I tend to get from Addison and Cadence, getting one good smile out of maybe ten tries...well you can imagine.  I thought I'd bust out the cute shirts and give it a shot today.  I was going to wait until Jaxon started smiling to take them, but I figure it will take several tries so why not today!  I thought it would be entertaining for you to post our attempts in a behind the scenes anatomy of a photo shoot.  And we even managed to get some keepers in the mix!

First shot- pretty cute. Jaxon looks a little afraid of what's going on...

The cutest shot that almost was...I looked at this one and was so irritated that Addison was doing a fake smile, because Jax's little face is so adorable on this one!

Cute shot that almost was #2...

Baby boy looking out the window. But still cute

Baby boy falling over. Notice Daddy's hand coming into the picture. Cadence was suprisingly consistent (for her)!

Baby boy falling over again.  Beginning to not be amused.

Now he's just flat out not having it.  Other two are tired of smiling.

All better now.  Probably one of the best ones.

Addison seemed to be very tickled most of the shoot.  I blame Daddy, although he was helping a lot.

Also pretty cute.

See, we had some good ones after all!

 Switch positions.  Baby is squished and kind of looks like a monkey.

Another cute one, although I can tell everyone is tired of smiling!!

And here are a few from earlier that day before I got the idea to put on the shirts.  We were trying to get baby kisses.
I love the hand- he's like, no kisses, please...

Jaxon is rocking the cool baby hair today.

I actually really love this one. 

My handsome boys. Too bad my mail's in the background!! Obviously this was a spur of the moment decision!

And a color one of the cool hair and trendy baby onesie. Really though- he must get a thousand and one kisses a day (and that's just from me, not counting anybody else!)... I kinda think he's just the sweetest.
Peace out from the Pate house.

No comments:

Post a Comment