Monday, June 15, 2009

Tinkerbell's Dance Camp


Well, Cadence had her ultimate dream week last week.  Or at least for an hour and a half every day.  She reacted and responded to her first dance experience just about like I thought she would- she loved every single minute of it.  Wore the dance shoes all day and night, and jumped into her little ballerina clothes every morning.  When I spoke to her teachers about how she was doing, on the first day they said, "You have a very active child!"  I thought in my mind, oh great- that's code for your child is a handful and wild!  But they actually said she was a lot of fun and she behaved better than some of the other littler ones in there (she was one of the youngest).  They said that when it was time to move to other things like coloring, snacks, or anything else non-dance, that she would want to just keep dancing.  The other little girls would be tired and need a break, but she just kept going.  This does not surprise me :)  So on the last day they got to dress like little fairies because it was Tinkerbell themed.  Prepare yourself for some serious cuteness here, people.  I'll tell you though- the quality is not great because I had to make the file pretty small since it's so long.  I'm putting the whole few minutes of dancing on here, mostly for the grandparents that will savor every second of fairy goodness.  Everyone else- sorry... I'm not making you watch it :)   Some favorite moments include her turning to us and asking if we wanted to watch her before they started, the professional spinning, and then at the end when they're supposed to give the flowers to their mommies and Cadence just runs to the opposite end of the room.  Click on the shutterfly link on the right column for the whole set of pics I took, since I'm just putting a couple on here.










This week is Addison's turn as he tries his hand at Musical Theater.... more on that later.   But there's going to be one upset little girl when we go to drop him off every day and it's not for her class!   Peace out from the Pate house!

2 comments:

  1. Loving the pink fairy....I am sure dance is in her future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess she's your daughter! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete