Sunday, June 7, 2009

Family Days


Time for the first post of June!  Shaping up to be a fun and eventful month for the Pate family.   We've taken some strolls around the neighborhood with our new double wagon and taught Addison how to play Phase 10.  Baseball season is still in full swing, and we will not have the closing tournament until the end of the month.  Addison is hitting the ball in the games, but he'd just assume do without the fielding part of it. He just kind of stands in the outfield doing the typical messing-in-the-dirt-not-paying-attention-kid thing.  We will have to decide after this season if baseball will be part of our life next year.  Although Addison seems to have an okay time he doesn't seem to just be in love with it.  It's still been enjoyable, though.  Chris (who has been helping coach this year) might have a different opinion :)

In the exciting and dramatic three year old world of Cadence Pate, things are a-okay with her.  Much to our relief, the days with her have seemed to be more enjoyable lately.  She definitely still has her moments and has the drama thing down pat, but as a whole the cuter moments are outweighing the Mommy-is-pulling-out-her-hair moments.  She starts Tinkerbell's Dance Camp tomorrow, and I don't know who is more excited- me or her!  It's like her birthright to enter the world of dancing, at least in my bloodline!  I anticipate her totally getting into it.  I'm sure there will be video and photos of pink dance cuteness coming soon :)  And I'm happy to report that she's 100% potty trained, which has made life so much easier.  So much easier.  But I wish I could say it was something we finally tried that worked in a moment of parental revelation and brilliance.  Nope.  She literally woke up one day and decided to be totally done with it.  And that was that.  Although she was pretty happy to earn two My Little Ponies out of the deal.  Below she is posing with some new "hair" we found at the Dollar Tree the other day.  Got some blue hair, too and some other fun dress up items. 


Addison is super excited because he graduated in his class at church and is now in the next grade up.  It's been so cute to watch him, because he's so proud and excited that he's been telling literally everyone about it.  We bought him a new Bible yesterday and he has also been showing that off.  I'm looking forward to hearing about the things he'll be learning, and I'm sure knowing how his little mind works we'll be having lots of long, theological conversations.  Which I'm happy to engage in :)  Also sporting the new summer hair cut in the picture...


Lastly, I leave you with yet another humorous quote from Addison from earlier this evening:

We were at Target and Cadence was in the mood to be a little challenging, so I leaned into her and told her I was going to spank her if she didn't straighten up.  Being out in public can make discipline a little challenging because you want to be consistent and not let them get away with things, but you also don't want somebody calling CPS on you either!  Unfortunately they figure that out and from time to time just love to push it 'cause they know they can.  So it went a little something like this:

Me: (for like the second or third time) Cadence please stop screaming (yes screaming) or Mommy's going to have to spank your bottom. 
 
Cadence just kind of looks at me with that bring it on kind of face...

Addison: Mommy, if you keep saying that to her she's just going to keep doing it.  Trust me- I'm an expert on this... I used to do it all of the time.  

So wise in his older years :)  And I of course just burst out laughing because that was pretty darn funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment