Monday, March 5, 2012

Hellooooooo Kitty.

We had a lovely little Hello Kitty party in our home for Cadence's birthday.  So. much. Hello. Kitty.  I'll admit- she's the only cat I will tolerate.  For the love of my daughter.  But we had fun with our friends, little and big.  Here's a little photo recap of the afternoon:

The party girl is forcibly stopped stops for the obligatory in front of the cake party pose before the festivities began.  She's been waiting to turn six for months now, and believe me- she's going to be a busy girl because everything has been "Well, when I'm six....".  Six is really important.

Decorations. My favorites are the circle mobiles I threw together and the rainbow fruit kabobs Addison and Cadence assembled for me.
And the cake pops.  This was my first attempt at cake pops.  While these kitty ones were a bit tedious (and we had some "oopsy kitty" outtakes in the fridge that didn't make the cut), they were really fun to make.  I always love trying new things!

Two of the party games: the traditional piñata and pin the bow on the kitty.  Our big friends even joined in the fun!
Pensively awaiting the birthday song. 
Probably everyone's favorite activity: make your own cake pops station.  So fun!
Some of our beautiful and tasty creations!

Cadence. Oh, Cadence.  The best way I can think of to describe my daughter is that.... she is Cadence. Her own person- beautiful, colorful, affectionate, strong of mind, quirky, passionate, creative, sassy, and a blur of motion and energy. So smart and reading and writing well already in kindergarten. She trips, falls, busts, and crashes about one hundred times a day because she can't slow down, and one of these days we'll miss the little lisp she has when she talks because those front two teeth will finally come in (surely!). She loves anything artsy and gives things away from her room when friends come over.  There's lots of love in that tiny little body. Our little blue eyed daughter, in a sandwich of brothers.  Love her so.


Hope six is everything you imagined it to be and more.

Peace out from the Pate house.

No comments:

Post a Comment