Friday, August 20, 2010

You'll Have to Excuse Me...

Well, you see, the Pate Family Chronicles has been a little neglected lately and I do apologize. Let me tell you why...

All of my cyberspace focus, creative energy, and word crafting magic has been poured into teaming with Chris getting our new website up and running. 15 hours spent yesterday alone. My brain hurt and my eyes were really sick of a computer screen!! For people that have never done that kind of work, it's hard to comprehend, but it's insane. I mean, you can spend at least an hour just finding that font that makes the page magic. For just a few words. On just one of the pages. Not to mention the sometimes endless search for pictures and writing script. And let me tell you, Chris and I are painstakingly meticulous about these matters. There are still a few things that we will tweak and add/fix, but our goal was to get it up by the end of the week and it's gonna go up!

It has been really fun to put together though. Chris and I make a great team. Of course this is true in many arenas, but we flow creatively really well also. We're blessed to be able to work together so well, because some married couples would probably at each other's throats by now! The Lord is good! We're gonna look back on this crazy season one day and it's going to hold a special place in our heart. As tiring and wild as it is to have to do everything and work your tail off, there's also a lot of satisfaction along the way that comes from seeing the fruit of your labor. One day at a time! Or in the case of the site, chunks of days at a time!

Unfortunately, spending this much time on this means that I have a laundry monster in my closet that is taller than I am and a few other domestic things that have been grossly neglected! And we will be starting up school next week so that's something else I still need a little more prep work to get ready for, but again- one day at a time!! I was feeling a little stressed about that yesterday but then Addison came up to me last night, hugged me, and told me how glad he was to be homeschooled and that I was his teacher. And then nothing else mattered anymore and my heart was mush.

So the big unveiling will be today. Such a relief to throw it out there. And a little scary, too. You're throwing your heart, soul, and hard work out to the mercy and scrutiny of everyone on the other side of that screen. That's hard sometimes, but we're always thankful for people that care about us and help us improve and we just won't listen to the haters! Ha!

And now, without further ado....

City Life Church (click on it, go ahead. you want to.)

Peace out from the Pate house.

No comments:

Post a Comment